Friday, July 18, 2014

Psalms 119:156 (May 5)


Okay. I'm not going to lie. Last week (not the week that just ended but the week before) was probably one of the hardest weeks of my mission up to that point. My companion and I didn't get along that well, we were on exchanges every other day and it was just super hard week. Not to mention the fun times we have with the Sister's we live with.. I love them:)
So I was just hoping and praying that this week would be better. And it was! We found a family that is super prepared to receive the gospel, the ward is finally starting to work with us, we really came together as a companionship and focusing on the work a lot more and it was just a good week.

And then the weekend came and all heck broke loose.
All of our appointments fell through on Friday, Saturday and Sunday. It wouldn't be to bad but Sister Metcalf and I are new to the area so we really don't know that many people so we start knocking on doors of less actives in the ward. Fun times. Then one of our sister that we were over had a break down so we had to take care of that. The one thing that was hardest for me this week was finding out that one of my previous investigators from my first area had passed away. He was so close when I was working with him and he knew it was true but let the ideas of men get in the way. The one thing I love about knowing the truths of gospel is that we know we never run out of chances to accept the gospel. It does get harder and harder as we go down the line but our Heavenly Father never gives up on us. I know Bill is talking to people like me on the other side while the missionaries are still meeting with his wife here. It doesn't make it any less painful but it does bring peace to know the truths that we do.

Anyways, yes this weekend was hard but we've have a lot of tender mercies oin the past few days. Last night, our dinner appointment never got a hold of us to let us know that they couldn't feed us so around 6:00 we were just wandering around our ward thinking of places we could stop to get a snack or something. It was Sunday so we couldn't go and buy something which was super hard. Oh! And our gas light came on right after church so we parked our car around 12:00 and walked clear until 9:00. Great day. Back on subject. We got the idea to pray to know where we could go or what we should do. We live about 1.5 miles out of our area and we were on the furthest edge so going home wasn't an option. We both had this feeling to go to a member home that we've been trying to build a relationship with. The husband is not active and we work out with her every week day early in the morning. We went over and when the wife saw us, she started to cry a little bit. I won't go into it to much but I truly think one of the best feelings in life is when we receive a prompting and obey it only to finally discover that it is the answer to someones prayer. Love it so much!

Aaaaaand then we had banana splits after which was just the best way to end our night
Sorry for the long e-mail but I had to share some of the experiences that has gone on haha love you all and talk to you later!

-Sister Hatch

(i love my job)

No comments:

Post a Comment