Sunday, February 2, 2014

Down and Derby (January 13, 2014)

Saturday was probably one of the funnest days. Bishop Mason, Sister Bozant and I had the chance to judge a Pinewood Derby. It was great! They really went all out and decorated the gym as if it were a race track. So much fun:)

We have had a super great week but first...


Transfers were today! I am now with Sister Pratt!! She's awesome:) I've been with her for about 2 hours and this transfer will be a blast!

Back to our awesome week. One of our progressing investigators disappeared about 2 months ago. We were super upset because she was progressing and had excepted a baptismal commitment.. Then she disappeared. We called her, stopped by her house. Nothing. We tried again about 2 weeks ago and we met her husband who is a LA member and found out a lot of crazy stuff. Long story short, we began to teach him and try to get to go back to church. We stopped by on Saturday and he was gone but she was home. She was super excited to see us and wanted us to come and teach again. I love it! We are so excited to pick up where we left off:)

We got in contact with several others and.. just a good week. and then Sunday came. We had a member speak (she reminds me exactly of Markell Cox) and she just reaffirmed a lot for me. Everything testifies that there is a God in Heaven who cares immensely for us. The wonders of technology and of the human body and everything that we see everyday. She also said a really thought provoking saying that has been going through my head and has been coming back to me as I have studying the Old Testament for the past few months: "Adam went through Spiritual Death so we could have Physical Life. Christ went through Physical Death so we could have Spiritual Life."

I also just had a debate with a man here in the Library. I answered his questions with scriptures from the Book of Mormon and the Bible but he just wanted to shake my faith. We come in contact with these people everyday but they always make my faith stronger. He finished talking with me and sat in the computer by Elder Scott who is talking to him now. It sounds like he is trying to do the same thing to him. I feel like those in 1 Cor. 1:27 where the high and mighty try to tear down those who have the truth. They just talk themselves in circles. We still love them anyways:) Nathan will accept the truth one day. I know it.

Hope you have a great week and hopefully my mom will post this and my other e-mails;) (love you, momma k!!!)

Sister Hatch

3 Nephi 3:15




No comments:

Post a Comment